Whether you are entering or leaving AWC, we can help ensure your transfer goes smoothly based on your individual goals.  Below you will find some useful information, recommendations, and links to more transfer services. 

Steps to Transfer to AWC

We are pleased that you have chosen to transfer to AWC. These steps will help guide you through the process.

Step 1: Get Admitted

Apply for admission.  Once admitted, students should schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor and will need to register for classes before the evaluation process can be started.

Step 2: Request an Evaluation

Submit an Online Request for Evaluation/Re-evaluation of Credits.

Step 3: Transcripts

Request official transcripts from all prior institutions. Acceptable transcripts require the imprint of the official school seal and must be sent directly from the issuing institution to:

Arizona Western College
Transfer Services Office
PO Box 929
Yuma, AZ 85366-0929

Step 4: Register for 6 (minimum) AWC Credit Hours

Students must be enrolled or have completed at least 6 AWC credit hours before an official evaluation of transfer credit can be started. If attempting to register for courses for which a pre-requisite was taken at another institution, students must obtain a signature from an Academic Advisor. Academic Advisors can confirm completion of the pre-requisite courses through an unofficial copy of transcripts from the previous institution(s).

Step 5: Activate Student Accounts

All communication regarding the evaluation of transfer credit will be through the official student email. Students will be notified via email of the results of the evaluation of transfer credit. Students will be directed to the WebAdvisor student portal to view and print an unofficial AWC transcript and/or request an official AWC transcript.

*Once all steps listed above have been completed by the student, the process of evaluating transcripts may take up to three weeks. Failure to complete all steps may cause a delay in the evaluation and posting of transfer credits.

NOTE: Evaluations for students applying for Nursing, Radiology, Massage Therapy, or Fire Science may require more time to complete. Please submit transcripts as early as possible before applying to the program to ensure credits will be posted to the AWC transcript.

Students who disagree with the results of their evaluation and want to seek the petition process to have the Vice President of Learning Services review the evaluation, please complete the petition form and submit to the Vice President of Learning Services Office.

International Students Transferring to AWC

If you are an international student who needs to start the process of becoming an AWC student, please contact the International Office at (928) 344-7699 or visit the office in the 3C building.

Credit from Foreign Institutions:

For students who have completed college-level courses at a foreign college or university, AWC requires students to go through the AACRAO agency for a course by course evaluation of credits.

AACRAO requires:

  • English translation of transcripts
  • Official foreign credential evaluation
  • AACRAO application Form

Packet needs to be mail directly to:

AACRAO Office of International Education Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington DC, 20036-1135
(202) 296-3359

Official evaluation from AACRAO needs to be sent directly to:

Arizona Western College
Transfer Services Office
PO Box 929
Yuma, AZ 85366-0929

Also a request for evaluation of credits form needs to be completed online.  For more information contact our office at (928) 344-7638

Transferring From AWC

AZTransfer Logo

Need assistance to see how your credits at AWC will transfer to Arizona State University (ASU), Northern Arizona University (NAU), or University of Arizona (UofA)? Check out AZtransfer.com to learn more.

AZTransfer will provide you with more information on how to transfer to ASU, NAU, and UofA. There is also a tool called MyCEG (www.aztransfer.com/myceg) that allows you to create course equivalency reports and save searches.

If you still have questions, contact Transfer Services at 928-344-7638. We’ll be happy to assist you!

Scholarship Opportunities

Worried about the cost of college?  We know it’s expensive.  By starting your degree at AWC, you’ve already lowered the cost of your degree.  Further decrease your student loans by applying for scholarships.

AZ State University Scholarship Links

Other Scholarship Websites

It is strongly suggested that you create a new email account for scholarships only. You will also need to submit the following information with your scholarship applications:

  • Personal statement (essay)
  • Educational resume
  • 3-5 letters of recommendations (at least 2 from faculty)
  • Official AWC transcripts

Please visit Career Services if you need information on how to complete your personal statement and educational resume.

Contact Info

Phone: (928) 344-7638
Fax: (928) 317-6449
Location: 3C - Top Floor
  • Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 5:00pm