Due to the COVID-19 situation, many services are now available remotely. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or schedule an email appointment with an advisor by using our online booking form.
- Discover career, academic and personal interests
- Explore career and academic options
- Create your college experience
- Prepare a career path
Discover career, academic and personal interests
Discovering who you are through your interests, skills, values, work attitudes, and personality can help you develop a career path that's right for you. The following resources are designed to assist you in assessing your strengths, interests and skills as well as clarifying your career and life goals. You may also schedule an appointment with our staff to discuss which career assessments may fit your needs.
Explore career and academic options
For most students, selecting a major is a best done at the same time as considering career options. The first step is to research the degrees and certificates available at AWC, as well as the other universities in Arizona.
For a list of certificate and degree programs available through Arizona Western College and its partnering state universities, see the following links:
Prepare a career path
Prepare to embark on a journey that will take your career to new heights. Consider an internship or volunteering and build a resume that demonstrates your abilities. Explore your career options through the sites below:
- Career One Stop: America's Career InfoNet is an excellent and extensive website and is a component of CareerOneStop sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. The information provided comes from a wide variety of sources including: government, business & industry and education.
- O*Net Online: O*Net provides excellent information on jobs requirements including: education requirements, wages and employment outlook, and a listing of knowledge, skills and abilities needed.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a guide to help you find information on job responsibilities, work environment, required education and skills, salary and outlook, and related occupations that match your interests.
Create your college experience
CAREER EVENTS - Job Expos and career events are a great way to find out more about jobs and what employers will be looking for in the future. Attend as many events as you can. Search on the Career Services website for the next event or log onto Jobs for Matadors for full event details.
INTERNSHIPS - An internship, allows you to test drive a career before you commit to full-time. That way, you can explore careers and organizations of interest to you. Likewise, you gain knowledge of the professional work world and develop a professional network.
VOLUNTEER - All successful people give back to their communities! Through volunteer work not only will you feel good about taking part in something positive, but you will start a pattern of success. More importantly you can explore a career on your terms. Volunteering gives you a chance to try out a career and learn more about an industry.