Welcome to Honors
Attention students applying for the All-USA/All-State Scholarship through Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society: While Phi Theta Kappa extended its deadline on this scholarship for students and recommenders, it also clarified in direct emails to PTK advisors that every institution has the prerogative to set its own internal, earlier deadlines. Arizona Western College will maintain the original deadlines. Applications from AWC students were due at 4:00 pm, Thursday, Dec. 1. The professors' assessments are due by 4:00 pm, Friday, Dec. 2, although there is some leeway there. Email the AWC Honors Director at email@example.com with questions.
The Arizona Western College Honors program is composed of a variety of students from all across the campus; including Northern Arizona University Yuma Branch Campus. The students are led by the Honors Council and the Honors Director. The members of the Honors Program share their time in the Honors Center which is located in the Learning Resource Center (LR)
AWC Honors students must meet a strict set of guidelines (link to honors requirements) to qualify and remain in the program (Expand box)
Honors students shall maintain the following standards of academic excellence:
- Minimum GPA: Students shall maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5. Students failing to meet this requirement will be placed on probation status as defined previously in this Handbook.
- Full Course Load: Students shall be enrolled in at least twelve (12) credit hours during fall and spring semesters, regardless of financial aid requirements. Students failing to meet this requirement will be placed on probation status as defined previously in this Handbook.
- Participation in Honors Program Curriculum: Students shall enroll in and complete all required courses within the Honors Program Curriculum as specified herein. Students failing to meet this requirement will be placed on probation status as defined previously in this Handbook.
- Advisement: Students shall meet with the Honors Director each fall and spring semester for academic advisement. The student shall, under the direction of the Advisor, determine the student’s discipline of study, explore available degree options, and develop an academic/degree plan.
Contact the AWC Honors Center
- Address: 2020 South Avenue 8E, Yuma, AZ 85365
- Phone: (928) 344-7685
- Fax: (928) 344-7686
- Email: Honors@azwestern.edu
- Address: P.O. Box 929, Yuma, AZ 85366