The teams at Arizona Western College are dedicated to providing a healthy and safe environment. We understand that you may be experiencing uncertainty given the rapidly evolving information on COVID-19 with the shift to online instruction, travel restrictions, and canceled or postponed events.
This web page is a place for us to post updated information and make sure you have links to helpful community resources.
We will continue to monitor the situation here in the counties we serve and across the region and beyond, and we'll use this web site, as well as college email, social media and online videos to keep you up to date.
The health of the Matador community is our top priority. This situation has raised many questions; we have tried to answer many of them on our FAQ. If you have an issue that is not addressed there, please email an address below:
or call (928) 317-6000.
Please educate yourself on health resources around the community and the state.
Here are the recommended ways to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Other resources for infection prevention guidance and information are: