As a new student, what do I need to know?
Complete the four-part process:
- STEP 1: Apply for Admission
- STEP 2: Complete the Guided Course Placement or the ESL Guided Course Placement
- STEP 3: If you are a new student you must attend an orientation session or if you are a continuing and returning student you may set-up an appointment with an advisor
- STEP 4: Register for course(s)
There are two options for Placement:
(A.) The Guided Course Placement is to assist you in choosing the appropriate course(s) at Arizona Western College. This process will include multiple-choice questions to help you choose course(s) in English and Math. The course(s) represented upon completion are only suggestions.
(B.) The ESL Guided Course Placement is a way to measure your English skills so you can choose the appropriate course(s) at Arizona Western College. The ESL Guided Course Placement is offered in English and Spanish. This process will include multiple-choice questions to help you choose the right ESL course(s). The course(s) represented upon completion are only suggestions.
Testing Center Policies
- While in the Testing Room the following is not permitted:
- Cell phones, cameras, recording devices, jackets, gloves, scarves, hats, wallets, purses, sunglasses, bracelets, watches, mechanical pencils and keys
- Food, beverages or chewing gum
- Calculators, notes, paper of any kind, books, unless authorized by an instructor
- Internet use
- 15 minutes before closing time examinees must stop taking their exam.
- All violations will be reported.
What do I need to bring in order to test?
(A.) All testers are required to present a valid and current picture identification card before testing.
(B.) Students with unacceptable identification will not be able to test.
(C.) Below are examples of acceptable and unacceptable forms of identification for testing.