Welcome to Veteran Services

The Veteran Services office at Arizona Western College is your point of contact for receiving information, applying and certifying your educational benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs and/or Department of Defense.

Learn more about the opportunities offered for paying for college as a Veteran.

Our Mission

The mission of Veteran Services is to successfully transition and integrate student veterans into higher education. Our goal is to provide student veterans with the superior services and support they deserve, while bringing campus-wide awareness of military and veteran culture. Veteran Services collaborates with community veteran organizations to form innovative partnerships to enhance educational and career opportunities for our student veterans.

Principles of Excellence

Arizona Western College will comply with Executive Order 13607

"Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members."


Thank you for your service!

More Information

Veteran Supportive Campus

Arizona Western College has been designated by the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services (AZDVS) as a Veteran Supportive Campus.


Military Friendly School Logo

New Students

If you are a new student, take your first steps toward enrollment!


Veteran Student Checklist

Continuing Students

  1. Enroll in classes.
    Your classes must follow the Degree Plan you have specified with the VA.

    Note: To change your program of study, you must make an appointment with the Academic Career Advisor for Veteran Servises.

  2. Request Veterans Benefits for the semester.
    Every semester you need to complete a Enrollment Certification Request Online. This informs the VA of your upcoming schedule. This form MUST be completed every semester or when any CHANGES are made to your schedule, in order to receive benefits.

  3. Request a Facts Tuition Deferment if needed. Do this through Self-Service.

  4. If you need assistance buying your books, request a Book Deferment through Self-Service.

  5. Throughout the semester, if tutoring becomes necessary, this can be funded through the VA. Ask our office for more information. There is also free tutoring available at our Student Success Center.

  6. Students receiving benefits under Chapters 30 and 1606 are required to verify their enrollment every month.
    This can be done by calling 1-877-823-2378 or going to the WAVE system.

Transfer Students

Students who are transferring from another college or university need to fill out a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, or VA Form 22-1995 if using VA Educational benefits

Dependents are required to fill out a different form, the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Survivors' and Dependents Education Assistance, or VA Form 22-5495.

These forms need to be completed and submitted to the veteran services office.

They can also be completed on VETS.GOV

Apply to Arizona Western College

Follow the New Veteran Student Checklist

Chapter 31

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) eligibility is determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Office. You can apply online using the E-benefits portal or you may call Toll-Free to 1-800-827-1000 or (602) 627-2800 to set up an appointment to determine your eligibility.

Contact Info

Phone: (928) 344-7622
Fax: (928) 344-7543
Location: 3C - Top Floor
  • Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 7:00pm