If you are an active duty military service member, veteran, or dependent, please indicate as much on your admission application. Active duty military and their dependents, as well as military veterans who are honorably discharged, are granted in-state tuition. Stop by the Veteran and Military Student Center on the 2nd floor of the College Community Center or visit the Military or Veterans areas for more information on services available to our Military and Veteran students and their families.

Need help with Self-Service? Watch this Self-Service walkthrough video.



Your first step is simple. Just create your admissions account and complete our brief online application.

If you need assistance, call (928) 317-6084.


Apply for Benefits

Apply for benefits and submit DD-214/Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the AWC Veteran Services Office.

  • You can apply by using eBenefits or VETS.GOV.
  • Submit DD-214/Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the AWC Veteran Services Office. Information on which benefits you may qualify for can be found at www.gibill.va.gov and Veteran Services. Contact the Veteran Services Office if you need assistance applying for benefits.

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7622.


Transfer Credit

Per VA regulations, all students receiving educational benefits, must submit official college and/or military transcripts.

Acceptable transcripts require the imprint of the official school seal and be sent directly from the issuing institution to:         

Arizona Western College
Transfer Services Office
PO Box 929
Yuma, AZ 85366-0929

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7622.


Accounts and Passwords

Once you’ve been accepted and receive your AWC ID number, the account activation process will set up your student accounts.

If you need assistance, call (928) 317-5892 or visit Support.


Financial Aid

Eligible students may receive financial aid to help pay for the cost of attendance. Complete your FAFSA as early as possible to see what you are eligible for.

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7634.



If you have not taken English or Math courses at a college level, please contact the Military and Veteran Services department to schedule a placement test.

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7622.


Orientation and Advising

New students should attend an orientation session to meet with an advisor and get ready to register for classes. Register for Discover AWC at azwestern.edu/orientation

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7624.


Register for Classes

Sign in to your Student Planning account to register for your planned courses. Register early to have the best choice of course offerings.

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7550.


Accommodations (Optional)

Will you require accommodations? Visit AccessABILITY Services.

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7674.



Submit an Enrollment Certification Request and/or setup a Veteran Online Payment Plan, to hold your spot in your classes.

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7700.


Student Photo ID

Once you are registered for classes, stop by the Campus Life office in the 3C building to get your official AWC student ID!

If you need assistance, call (928) 344-7576.



Be sure to purchase your textbooks in time for the start of class!

Students using GI BILL® benefits, must submit an Enrollment Certification Request, to ensure their Book Deferment is available.  Books can be picked up two weeks before the start of class.

Learn more.


Have questions?

Contact us at (928) 344-7550.