Welcome to Dual Enrollment at AWC!
We’re excited to have you join the AWC dual enrollment program and take advantage of the amazing opportunity to start your college career before high school graduation! Earning college and high school credits at the same time is an excellent way to get a head start and save on your future college experience. High school students receive a special discount; you only pay $25 per credit hour.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment:
- Earn college credit that you can apply towards a college certificate or degree while you're in high school.
- Dual credit courses are held on you high school campus in a familiar and comfortable environment.
- No extra classwork and no additional homework.
- Reduce college debt with the discounted tuition rate of $25 per credit hour.
- Gain experience, confidence, and motivation for college early on.
- Get ahead and reduce the time needed to obtain a college degree or certificate.
- Free resources: Access to the AWC/NAU Library books and resources, tutoring, computer labs, free printing on AWC campuses and gym access.
Dual Enrollment Things to know:
- Dual enrolled students are college students.
- The AWC cost of tuition for dual credit students is $25 per credit hour.
- You must receive a "C" or better to pass a class with AWC.
- No textbook requirements for dual credit courses
- 100-level or above courses may satisfy general elective requirements at a college or university. Contact your university or college advisor for more information.
- High school students are not eligible for federal financial aid until they graduate.