AWC's professional IT (Information Technology) certificates are designed to provide learners with working knowledge in troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, security, the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and optimizing the use of AWS Cloud and how they fit into cloud-based solutions. Each of the certificates can be completed in one or two semesters.
Graduates of the certificates will learn a wide range of skills and gain industry specific experience in:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and skills in customer service, troubleshooting, networking protocols, and system administration.
- Identify the benefits of cloud computer for business and describe the economic advantages of cloud computing and select services using the AWS Management Console and choose among AWS storage options to meet performance requirements.
- Create Virtual Private Clouds on AWS.
- Select storage, compute, database, and networking resources to improve performance and evaluate metrics for applications.
- Use Elastic Load Balancing (EBL) to scale services and manage Identity and Access Management (IAM) to limit access and maintain security.
- Integrate principles when migrating or designing new applications for the cloud, including security, reliability, high-performance, and cost efficiency.
- Formulate decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices, evaluate AWS compute and networking options, and examine alternative support options and features.