Professional IT Support
CERT - Occupational Certificate
Provide learners with a working knowledge in troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration and security.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in IT Support that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field.
- Core IT support concepts include troubleshooting, customer service, networking, system administration, operating systems, and security.
- Utilize hardware and software management, including assembling computers, managing device software, and writing effective support documentation.
- Work with Linux, cloud computing, and command-line interfaces.
- Work with networking technologies, including practical applications, troubleshooting, and an overview of cloud solutions.
- Understand information security, including threat mitigation, encryption, and implementing authentication, authorization, and accounting into network security solutions.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
|PIT 100||IT Support: Technical Support Fundamentals||2||Major Requirement|
|PIT 101||IT Support: Computer Networking||3||Major Requirement|
|PIT 102||IT Support: Operating Systems||3||Major Requirement|
|PIT 103||IT Support: System Administration||2||Major Requirement|
|PIT 104||IT Support: IT Security and Google Certification||2||Major Requirement|