CERT - Occupational Certificate
An introduction to the field of project management in functional areas such as foundational project management, terminology, project initiation, defining and creating measurable project goals and deliverables, project evaluation, team development, effective communication, engaging in practices aligned with Agile project management, and in real-world scenario projects and activities, while building a foundation of knowledge, preparing them for an entry-level position in Project Management.
This certificate is designed to prepare learners to enter the field of project management. Students will gain in-demand skills and engage in simulated real-world project management scenarios while building a foundation of knowledge, preparing them for an entry-level position in Project Management.
- Gain a knowledge base in foundational project management terminology and concepts.
- Learn project initiation, defining and creating measurable goals and deliverables, project evaluation, team development, and effective communication.
- Understand and apply Agile and Waterfall project management practices and industry tools used in real-world scenarios.
- Possess a toolbox of templates and artifacts to manage projects and essential elements (e.g., schedules, budgets, requirements, etc.)
- Qualify for over 100 hours of project management education that apply directly to globally-recognized PMI credentials, like the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.