Google IT-AWS Joint Certificate
CERT - Occupational Certificate
This certificate is designed to provide CTED learners with a working knowledge in troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, security, the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and optimizing the use of AWS Cloud and how they fit into cloud-based solutions.
To provide students with an education in AWS cloud services, customer service, troubleshooting skills, and systems administration that will enable them to gain employment in IT.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and skills in customer service, troubleshooting, networking protocols, and system administration.
- Identify the benefits of cloud computer for business and describe the economic advantages of cloud computing and select services using the AWS Management Console and choose among AWS storage options to meet performance requirements.
- Create Virtual Private Clouds on AWS.
- Use Elastic Load Balancing (EBL) to scale services and manage Identity and Access Management (IAM) to limit access and maintain security.
- Formulate decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices, evaluate AWS compute and networking options, and examine alternative support options and features.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Rev. 09/2019
|PIT 100||IT Support: Technical Support Fundamentals||2||Major Requirement|
|PIT 101||IT Support: Computer Networking||3||Major Requirement|
|PIT 102||IT Support: Operating Systems||3||Major Requirement|
|PIT 103||IT Support: System Administration||2||Major Requirement|
|PIT 104||IT Support: IT Security and Google Certification||2||Major Requirement|
|CIS 175||Computer Security||3||Major Requirement|
|PIT 130||Amazon Web Services Academy Cloud Foundations||2||Major Requirement|