Due to the COVID-19 situation, many services are now available remotely. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or to schedule a remote advising appointment. To speak with a member of our staff please leave a voice message at (928)-344-7622 and we will get back with you as quickly as possible.
Get support at AWC and in the Local Community
Student Veterans Club – The AWC Student Veterans and Service-members Organization (SVSO) is a recognized AWC student club that provides networking, social assistance, and leadership development throughout the college experience. Membership is open to all AWC active duty, veteran, and family members of service members along with any AWC student that supports those who defend our nation. To join send your contact information (Name, AWC ID number, Phone, Email) to either Rebecca Cordero-Torres at Rebecca.Cordero-Torres@azwestern.edu or Andrew Ustaszewski at firstname.lastname@example.org
The AWC Student Veterans Organization is proud to be a chapter of the Student Veterans of America organization.
Student Military and Veteran Center – Located on the top floor of the 3C, the Student Military and Veteran Center is a lounge and meeting space where student veterans can study, socialize, and relax in between classes. It is equipped with Wi-Fi access, public computer workstations, flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, and a quiet study room.
Workshops and Tutoring – Tutoring is also available at the Military and Veteran Student Center. Free tutoring is available for all AWC students in various subjects at the Student Success Center.
There are many community resources for veterans here in Yuma. Click below for a list of local resources.
- Arizona Vet Benefit Office 2811 S. 4th Ave, Suite D, Yuma, AZ (928) 726-2851
- American Legion Post #56 1490 W. 3rd St, Yuma, AZ (928) 343-1490
- American Legion Post #19 2575 South Virginia Dr. Yuma, AZ (928) 344-3441
- VFW Post #8242 7120 S US Hwy 95, Yuma, AZ (928) 341-1522
Employment / Transition
- State of Arizona Veteran’s Employment Advocate Unit 1185 S. Redondo Center Dr. Yuma, AZ (928) 247-8754
- Goodwill Career Center 3097 S. 8th Ave, Yuma, AZ (928) 343-7600
- MCAS Yuma Benefits Advisor Bldg. 852, Corner of Quilter St, Yuma, AZ (928) 269-3172
- MCAS Yuma T.A.M.P. Office Bldg. 852, Corner of Quilter St, Yuma, AZ (928) 269-3159
- U.S. Army Garrison Yuma 301 C Street, Bldg. 501, YPG, AZ (928) 328-2167
- Yuma Private Industry Council 3834 W. 16th St., Yuma, AZ (928) 329-0990
- Disabled American Veterans 954 S 13th Ave, Yuma, AZ (928) 783-6661
- VA Clinic 2555 Gila Ridge Rd. Yuma, AZ (520) 629-4900
- Yuma County Vet Center 1450 E. 16th St, Suite 103 Yuma, AZ (928) 271-8700
- Yuma VA Clinic 3111 S 4th Ave, Yuma, AZ (928) 317-9973
- Education (Military Office)
- Arizona Western College 2020 S. Ave 8E, Yuma, AZ (928) 344-7622
- College of Health Careers 3850 W. 16th St, Suite B, Yuma, AZ (928) 783-0072
- Yuma Truck Driving School 3180 E. 32nd St, Yuma, AZ (928) 919-7041
- Crossroads Mission 944 S. Arizona Ave, Yuma, AZ (928) 783-9362
- National Community Health Partners 255 W. 24th St., Suite 4, Yuma, AZ (928) 726-6022
- Right Turn for Yuma Veterans 257 S. 3rd Ave, Yuma, AZ (928) 783-2427
- Veterans Assisted Living 2600 S. 4th Ave. Yuma, AZ (928) 726-9198
Meals / Nutrition
- Crossroads Mission 944 S. Arizona Ave, Yuma, AZ (928) 783-9362
- 5:30am-6:45am - Breakfast
- 11:30am-12:00pm - Lunch
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm - Dinner
- Yuma Community Food Bank 2404 W. 24th St., Yuma, AZ (928) 343-1243
- Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Resources specifically addressing the needs of our Student Veterans. Click below for a list of Student Veteran resources.
Make the Connection
SEE4VETS is the proud donor of AWC's Military Legacy Scholarship Funds and Patriots Gold Heart Fund. Both funds are utilized to advance our Veterans education and career goals.
The Military Legacy Scholarship is available for the payment of academic studies here at Arizona Western College. Candidates who wish to seek this scholarship may receive an application for through the Veteran Services Office located in building 3C (2nd floor) room 2116 or through AWC's foundation link.
Along with the application, candidates must submit a 500-word essay over a topic decided during each Scholarship season. Other qualifying factors include:
- Not using any benefits
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA
- A veteran of the armed forces
The Patriot Gold Heart Fund is available for students who may need financial assistance for academic and non-academic resources, such as, but not limited to, paying for textbooks, purchase of education essential equipment (calculators, software programs, uniforms required for courses at Arizona Western College, etc.).
Candidates who wish to seek these funds may receive and submit their application at the Veteran Service Office located at Arizona Western College in building 3C (2nd floor) room 2116.
Vet Net Ally Program
Look for the Vet Net Ally decal around campus, as these allies can provide support, information, and assistance for service members and veterans. Vet Net Allies understand the needs and concerns of military service members and student veterans. If you see a Vet Net Ally decal in their workspace, you know they are veteran supportive and will take the extra step to assist you and your family. For a list of current Vet Net Allies, expand the accordion below.
Vet Net Contacts
For information on becoming a Vet Net Ally contact
|Brooke Ayars||AC – 244||(928) 317-6341|
|Holly Banes||3C - 2303||(928) 317-6042|
|Ervin Kenneth Barnes||AC - 245||(928) 344-7781|
|Joann Chang||AS - 117||(928) 344-7665|
|Daniel J Davis||BA – 122||(928) 317-6474|
|Adele Edwards||BA - 105||(928) 344-7588|
|Maria Guerrero||3C – 2210||(928) 344-7630|
|Alejandro Gutierrez||Student Activities Game Room (3C)|
|Nicolas Hanhan||AC – 124||(928) 317-6082|
|Carmen Madero||Downtown Center||(928) 317-6186|
|Michael Kennedy||(928) 344-7592|
|Monica Ketchum||BA - 228||(928) 344-7646|
|Martha Martinez||LA - 102||(928) 344-7607|
|Bernadette Presloid||SC - 203||(928) 317-7088|
|Laura Rios||3C - Top Floor||(928) 344-7702|
|Kenia Rodriguez||3C - Top Floor||(928) 344-7762|
|Billy E Rose||3C – 2211||(928) 344-7604|
|Frandcis Senatus||3C - Top Floor||(928) 344-7622|
|Matthew Smith||AS – 133||(928) 317-7105|
|Donna Taylor||LR - 65||(928) 317-7606|
|Josie Uriarte||Wellton Learning Center||(928) 314-9435|
|Tymmi Woods||Library||(928) 317-6434|
|Bree Anna McGregor|