As a new student, what do I need to know?
Guided Self-Placement is to assist you in choosing the appropriate course(s) at Arizona Western College. This process will include multiple-choice questions to help you choose course(s) in English and Math.
- STEP 1 Admission
- STEP 2 Guided Self-Placement
- STEP 3 Advising/Counseling
- STEP 4 Registration
- While in the Testing Room the following is not permitted:
- Cell phones, cameras, recording devices, jackets, gloves, scarves, hats, wallets, purses, sunglasses, bracelets, watches, mechanical pencils and keys
- Food, beverages or chewing gum
- Calculators, notes, paper of any kind, books, unless authorized by an instructor
- Internet use
- Five minutes before closing time examinees must stop taking their exam.
- All violations will be reported.
What do I need to bring in order to test?
All testers are required to present a valid and current picture identification card before testing.
Students with unacceptable identification will not be able to test.
Below are examples of acceptable and unacceptable forms of identification for placement testing.