A.A. - Transfer Degree
Students can expect to develop theoretical knowledge in physical education and learn about physical education practices, especially those regarding lifetime wellness, sports, and general health. Programs typically emphasize training students to work with people of all demographics, focusing on helping people improve their quality of life through exercise.
This degree prepares students for entry-level positions in physical fitness and physical education professions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the components of Physical Fitness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of age appropriate movements.
- Identify and understand current trends in Physical Fitness.
- Describe methods of maintaining and improving physical fitness based on individual needs.
- Explain proper techniques for motor and cognitive development through sports.
- Demonstrate teaching methodologies that are developmentally appropriate.
- Discuss the liability issues that are involved in physical fitness.