The Phlebotomy Technician program is designed to teach the knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including the collection of blood specimens and venipuncture required to become a successful phlebotomist. Students will gain skill development in the performance of a variety of blood collection methods, safety and first aid, point of care collection, procedures for special populations, and quality assessment.
Upon completion of this certificate program, students will have the skills necessary to enter the healthcare industry as an entry-level phlebotomist.
The Phlebotomy Technician program includes theory and hands-on instruction. This program prepares the student to take the National Healthcareer Association industry certification exam.
Phone: (928) 344-7552
Program Costs Estimate
- Uniform: $40 Caribbean Blue + $5 program patch to be purchased at the AWC bookstore
- AWC Allied Health ID Badge $10 to be purchased at Campus Life
- Textbook and workbook: $120
- Health & Safety Requirements:
- CPR Card: $45
- Fingerprint Clearance Card: $73
- Tuberculosis Screening: $20 - $30
- Drug Test: $40
The costs provided are estimates and are subject to change.
Check the above to view program costs estimate. All fees are subject to change.
Degree(s) / Certificates(s)
|Phlebotomy Technician - CERT Occupational Certificate||-|