MDA Information Sessions
- March 15, 2023 https://azwestern.zoom.us/j/81818254162 6:00pm-7:00pm
- June 7, 2023 https://azwestern.zoom.us/j/81890124502 6:00pm-7:00pm
- August 9, 2023 https://azwestern.zoom.us/j/83477581111 6:00pm-7:00pm
- October 11, 2023 https://azwestern.zoom.us/j/83968592515 6:00pm-7:00pm
- December 4, 2023 https://azwestern.zoom.us/j/86947487747 6:00pm-7:00pm
Gain an understanding of front and back-office skills to prepare for direct employment in a medical practice setting. Front office functions include checking patients in & out upon arrival & departure, phone etiquette, and scheduling appointments, working in electronic health records. Basics of billing and coding in the office. Back office skills such as recording vital signs, electrocardiograms, laboratory procedures, medication administration, and assisting the healthcare provider in special procedures are included. The laboratory and externship experiences are designed to give the student hands-on application of procedures in a medical office setting. After completing the program, the successful student is eligible to take the National Health Career Association (NHA) exam for Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA).
Phone: (928) 344-7552
Program Costs Estimate
- Uniform: $40 Caribbean Blue + $5 program patch to be purchased at the AWC bookstore
- AWC Allied Health ID Badge $10 to be purchased at Campus Life
- Textbook and workbook: $120
- Health & Safety Requirements:
- CPR Card: $45
- Fingerprint Clearance Card: $73
- Tuberculosis Screening: $20 - $30
- Drug Test: $40
The costs provided are estimates and are subject to change.
Check the above to view program costs estimate. All fees are subject to change.
Note: Before the end of the student's second semester in the program, students must have an Arizona DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card for Volunteer Health Science Student & Clinical Assistant and a Healthcare Provider (BLS Provider) or Professional Rescuer (CPR) certification.
Degree(s) / Certificates(s)
|Medical Assistant - A.A.S. Occupational Degree||-|
|Medical Assistant - CERT Occupational Certificate||-|