Hotel Restaurant Management
A.A. - Transfer Degree
Learn more about transfer options below.
Designed to develop the student’s professional and technical competence in preparation for a leadership role in the hospitality industry, including tourism, lodging, and food service enterprises. The degree transfers to the NAU-Yuma Branch Campus Hotel and Restaurant Management program.
Graduates will demonstrate (1) basic knowledge in hospitality that will prepare them for transfer to the university and (2) critical thinking skills in AWC’s General Education focus areas.
- Identify characteristics of the hospitality and tourism industry and trends affecting today’s operation and guest service professionals.
- Identify the components of the guest experience and strategy to meet guest expectations.
- Describe the appropriate skills, knowledge and abilities of excellent service staff and methods to train and develop guest service professionals.
- Describe techniques in assessing quality during the guest service experience.
- Define the roles and functions of housekeeping and engineering professionals of a property.