The Business and Computer Information Division provides students with the intellectual foundations and quality business and technical education so they may assume productive careers in a dynamic and demanding world market.
Academic Programs Offered
Transfer Degree (ABUS)
The Associate of Business degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a university. You will learn basic business principles including accounting, economics, and computer information systems.
Occupational Degrees (AAS)
- The Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems (Programming Emphasis) will prepare you for an entry-level position as a computer programmer, systems analyst, or database administrator. It will also prepare you for transfer to NAU-Yuma to pursue a Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Technology. You will learn to write computer programs, do systems analysis, and use databases in a business environment.
- Students pursuing the AAS in CIS may select an area of emphasis from the following options:
- General Business
- Financial Management
- Office Management
- Computer Information Systems – prepares you for an entry-level position as a computer programmer, systems analyst, or database administrator. Courses may also transfer to NAU-Yuma toward a Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Technology.
- Computer Security – computer security is a critical part of modern business strategy. This certificate will develop a knowledge of Information Security and methodologies that contribute to participate success in the Information Security and Assurance workforce. You will learn topics such as Information Technology risks, vulnerabilities, and protection requirements for new and emerging technologies.
- Microcomputer Business Applications – prepares you for an entry-level position requiring computer skills.
- Networking – prepares you for a position relating to computer networking, managing of facilities, and network administrator responsibilities. You will develop a basic knowledge of computer networking.
- Office Administration – prepare you for an entry-level position as a file clerk, receptionist, clerk typist, cashier, teller, hospital admitting clerk, transcribing machine operator, and other related positions. You will develop marketable office skills that will benefit you in your current or potential office positions.
Business and CIS Division Staff
Division Chair, Business & Computer Information Systems
Business and CIS Division Faculty
Professor of Business & Computer Information Systems
Professor of Computer Information Systems
Professor of Business/Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Professor of Business
Professor of Accounting
Professor of Business and Accounting