Computer Information Systems
CERT - Occupational Certificate
This program is for students seeking immediate entry-level employment in an office environment or computer industry.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in computer information systems that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field.
- Effectively use a modern office suite, operating system, and computer for everyday needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the potential dangers and ethical concerns of using a computer and the Internet.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the business world and computers affect each other.
- Create logical designs for programs and other processes.
- Create programs from either logical representations or information directly obtained from users using a modern programming language.