The purpose of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to protect the rights of human subjects in research. This includes making sure that vulnerable populations are protected (i.e., prison inmates, minor children, etc.) and that informed consent is maintained for participation in research. The IRB also monitors non-AWC researchers seeking to conduct research at any of our campuses or learning centers.
Through federal-wide assurance, the President agreed that ALL research and grant activities at Arizona Western College must conform to the Belmont Report and 45 CFR 46, through IRB approval or exemption.
The IRB functions administratively through the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Grants.
- District Governing Board adopted policy and procedures
- Copy of federal-wide assurance and IRB registration via OHRP
- Federalwide Assurance (FWA) for the Protection of Human Subjects
- Updated guide to get started with CITI Program
- CITI training for research applicants (choose Arizona Western College)
- IORG0005629 Office for Human Research Protections
AWC IRB Applications and Approval Forms