A.S. - Transfer Degree
Learn more about transfer options below.
Focuses on computers, computing problems and solutions, the design of computer systems and user interfaces from a scientific perspective. Includes instruction in the principles of computational science, and computing theory; computer hardware design; computer development and programming; and applications to a variety of end-use situations.
This Associate of Science degree focuses on the theoretical foundations of computing, algorithms, and programming techniques, as applied to operating systems, artificial intelligence, informatics and the like.
- Effectively use a modern office suite, operating system, and computer for everyday needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the potential dangers and ethical concerns of using a computer and the Internet.
- Create logical designs for programs and other processes.
- Create programs from either logical representations or information directly obtained from users using a modern programming language.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence concepts.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with numerical systems and representations.