The Nursing Program admitted its first students in September 1967 and received full accreditation from the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) on September 24th, 1970. The Nursing Assistant program admitted its first students and received full approval from the Arizona State Board of Nursing (AZBN) in the year 1990.
The Nursing program prepares students with a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing. The program curriculum offers an exit option at the Practical Nurse level following the third semester. Transfer students and Licensed Practical Nurses are admitted into the program based on published advanced placement requirements.
The faculty and staff include the Director of Nursing and Allied Health, eight full-time faculty, a Clinical Facilitator, a Lab Coordinator, a full-time Administrative Assistant, Nursing Support Specialist, and part-time Nursing Support Specialist and lab technicians. The program also employs local practicing nurses educated at the MSN and BSN levels as part-time clinical faculty to maintain a maximum of 1:10 faculty/student ratio in clinical practice. Students graduating from our program are eligible for licensing as either Registered Nurses (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN).
The opportunities in nursing practice are more exciting and diverse than ever before. A variety of career and professional options await our graduates. The program also fosters academic partnerships providing graduates with a variety of options to pursue advanced degrees in Nursing.
Approval and Accreditation
The Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) Feb 2016-Feb 2024:
For Accreditation Status:
3390 Peachtree Road NE Suite 81400
Atlanta, GA 30326
HESI A2 Testing Update
Students - If you are planning on taking the HESI A2, but you are unsure about being able to test, please know that Elsevier has set up ProctorU which allows students to take the HESI A2 exam remotely. Please follow the instructions under the “Program Documents” tab titled “Admissions Assessment Exam (HESI A2)” to send your request to purchase the exam.
Nursing Information Sessions:
It is MANDATORY that ALL students applying for the Nursing Program attend a Nursing Information Session.
Spring 2022 Pre-Nursing Information sessions will be offered via zoom and in person. The schedule is listed below. If you want to attend a session via zoom please click on the link below at the date and time the session is scheduled for. The Pre-Nursing Information session zoom links are located in the document below titled “Pre-Nursing Info Session Zoom Link”. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Nursing Information Sessions - Spring 2022 Schedule
- 1/24/2022 at 3:00 pm - Zoom Only (Zoom link located below)
- 2/7/2022 at 3:30 pm - Zoom Only (Zoom link located below)
- 2/14/2022 at 3:00 pm - Zoom Only (Zoom link located below)
- 2/28/2022 at 3:30 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
- 3/14/2022 at 3:00 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
- 3/28/2022 at 3:30 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
- 4/11/2022 at 3:00 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
- 4/25/2022 at 3:30 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
- 5/16/2022 at 3:00 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
- 5/25/2022 at 3:00 pm - LR 250 or Zoom (Zoom link located below)
No Registration required to attend these sessions
Summer 2022 Schedule TBA
* Please note: Admission requirements for all programs include a criminal background check and drug test.