Video Game Software Development
CERT - Occupational Certificate
Provides graduates with the entry level skill needed for a career in video game software development. Students are familiarized with object oriented programming and either Java or Python development language. This certification expands on the skills learned in the Beginning Video Game Design certificate.
This certificate would be a stackable certificate which provides additional gaming design/developmental knowledge to the Beginning Video Game Design Certificate.
- Introduce the principles of object-oriented programming in a higher-level programming language, such as Python or Java.
- Analyze a problem statement to develop a mental model of objects necessary to create a software architecture.
- Familiarity with the Python programming language and associated development tools (IDEs, pip).
- Hands-on experience using various Python data structures, and reading and writing files in Python.
- Apply concepts and techniques for developing, debugging, and documenting programs written in the Java language.
- Apply Java control flow constructs, primitive types, and non-primitive types.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.