Advanced Detention Officer Training
CERT - Occupational Certificate
This program is an advanced course of study in correctional operations, to include ethics and professionalism, correctional law, courtroom and correctional facility security, crime scene management, conflict and crisis management, leadership and management, prisoner classification, special populations, restraint procedures and devices, and medical and mental health issues. Applicants must meet program acceptance requirements.
Graduates will demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge and skills in corrections to help their obtain employment and or a promotion within their field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of effective inmate supervision.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical dilemmas encountered in the law enforcement and/or corrections fields and constitutional, statutory, procedural, and case law in correctional situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of working with special/diverse populations in the correctional setting and the importance of inmate rights and essential services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes and problem-solving skills involved in crisis management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership skills in the correctional system.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Rev. 09/2019