A.BUS - Transfer Degree
Learn more about transfer options below.
Students preparing for transfer to a four-year college of agriculture will find the necessary required courses in agriculture, science, mathematics, and related subject areas available to them and will be advised by the agriculture faculty. This program articulates with the B.S. in Commerce offered by The University of Arizona, Tucson and Yuma campus.
Graduates will demonstrate (1) basic knowledge in agricultural business that will prepare them for transfer to the university and (2) critical thinking skills in AWC?s General Education focus areas.
- Apply the economic relationships of cost and input-output to agriculture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various methods of monitoring the financial aspects of an agricultural business.
- Demonstrate the skills required in diagnosing farm business problems.
- Identify and discuss germination, emergence, growth, and reproduction of important economic species; and how these plant processes are influenced by the environment, such as soil-water-plant relations.
- Correlate soil properties with plant growth and make recommendations regarding nutrient availability, crop water requirements and basic soil management.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
First Semester: Fall
|BIO 181||General Biology I/GE||4||GE - Physical/Biological Science|
|ENG 101 or ENG 107||Freshman Composition/GE||3||GE - Composition|
|MAT 212||Brief Calculus/GE||3||GE - Math|
|PLS 100||Plant Science/GE||4||GE - Physical/Biological Science|
|SPC 110||Speech Communications/GE||3||GE - Additional Courses|
Second Semester: Spring
|ACC 211||Financial Accounting||3||Major Requirement|
|AGS 296||Agriculture Internship (recommended)||1||Elective|
|ECN 250||Microeconomics/GE||3||Major Requirement|
|ENG 102 or ENG 108||Freshman Composition/GE||3||GE - Composition|
|PLS 211||Soils/GE (recommended)||4||Elective|
|GEO 105||World Regional Geography/GE||3||GE - Social.Behavioral Science|
Third Semester: Fall
|ACC 212||Managerial Accounting||3||Major Requirement|
|AGB 230||Agriculture Business||3||Departmental Requirement|
|BUA 220||Legal Environment of Business (recommended)||3||Major Requirement|
|ENG 281||Introduction to Film Studies/GE (recommended)||3||GE - Arts|
|MAT 172||Finite Math||3||Major Requirement|
Fourth Semester: Spring
|CIS 105||Introduction to Business Information Systems/GE||3||GE - Additonal Courses|
|ECN 240||Macroeconomics/GE||3||Major Requirement|
|PHI 105||Introduction to Ethics/GE (recommended)||3||GE - Humanities|
|PSY 101||Introduction to Psychology/GE||3||GE - Social.Behavioral Science|
|QBA 211||Quantitative Analysis||3||Major Requirement|
|Arizona State University||BA, BS||See program options||None|
|University of Arizona||BS||See program options||2nd Semester Proficiency|