Culinary Arts Level 2
CERT - Occupational Certificate
Designed to prepare the student for a career in food service in restaurants, resorts, catering, hospitals, cruise ships, television shows, and food processing companies. Students will develop creative food preparation and presentation.
Graduates will demonstrate an advanced level of knowledge in culinary arts that will prepare them to obtain a position within the field.
- Demonstrate basic skills in menu planning.
- Utilize advanced skills in preparation of various types of Cuisine.
- Communicate successfully with the customer on design, production, service, staff, and include a formal quote for catering services and perform basic math needed for food cost controls.
- Demonstrate how to cook and prepare healthy foods on a regular basis.
- Successfully produce food products that are acceptable in appearance and taste with minimum amount of supervision.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Rev. 10/2022
Semester One: Fall or Spring
|Basic Culinary Arts 2
|Garder Manger 2
All of the above courses are offered during Fall and Spring semesters as 2nd 8-week courses. For more information, visit the Self-Service schedule of classes.