Exchange Online Protection
Exchange Online Protection (EOP) is an anti-spam solution provided by Microsoft utilized to protect the AWC mail environment. EOP protects against spam, viruses and phishing scams. EOP replaces AWC’s previous NoSpam spam filtering service.
While most spam e-mail will be successfully filtered by EOP, a few messages may still slip through. If you’d like to report spam or a phishing scam attempt, you may do so via the AWC Service Desk.
You may view your quarantined messages directly through a web browser.
- Navigate your browser to: http://quarantine.azwestern.edu/
- Enter your Microsoft ID:
- For Faculty/Staff: FirstName.LastName@azwestern.edu
- For Students: NetID@toro.azwestern.edu
- Enter your AWC NetID password
- Once logged in, you can view your quarantined messages in a list
- You can view a more detailed version of the message by double clicking it
- Use the Release to Inbox or Report as not Junk links to pass messages along to your inbox
A digest of quarantined messages will be sent to your inbox daily. Quarantine notifications will be sent daily at approximately 5:00pm. You may review the notification for any legitimate emails that may have been quarantined. If any of the emails listed are legitimate messages, click the Release to Inbox link or the Report as Not Junk link. This will deliver the message to your inbox. It will additionally inform EOP that the message was legitimate. Any messages not released to the inbox will be automatically deleted after 14 days. Messages automatically deleted after 14 days cannot be recovered.
For complete, quarantine instructions and information, please see Microsoft’s documentation.