An Associate in Arts (AA) degree in Theatre prepares students to transfer to a university with a solid understanding of theatre history and the fundamentals in acting or stagecraft, which includes the technical aspects of theatrical production. Theatre majors also have the opportunity to include their performances as cast or crew members as departmental credit.
View Fine Arts related events and news!Fine Arts @ AWC
Graduates of these programs will successfully complete the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of theatre literature and historical periods that includes Western and non-Western traditions
- Demonstrate basic skills in acting, directing, technical theatre, and design
- Demonstrate effective communication and/or criticism in theatre performance/production
- Demonstrate the ability to create theatre events, projects, or productions through practicums, independent projects, or internships
- Describe the value of theatre as a fine art and the necessity to become an informed audience member with an understanding of theatre as a way of learning about broader issues