A.A. - Transfer Degree
After a solid preparation in theatre history and the fundamentals in acting or stagecrafts, theatre majors then have the opportunity to include their performances as cast or crew members as departmental credit.
Graduates will demonstrate (1) basic knowledge in theatre that will prepare them for transfer to the university and (2) critical thinking skills in AWC’s General Education focus areas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theatre literature and historical periods that includes Western and non-Western traditions.
- Demonstrate basic skills in acting, directing, technical theatre and design.
- Demonstrate effective communication and/or criticism in theatre performance/production.
- Demonstrate the ability to create theatre events, projects or productions through practicums, independent projects or internships.
- Describe the value of theatre as a fine art and the necessity to become an informed audience member with an understanding of theatre as a way of learning about broader issues.