Welding Entry Level 1
CERT - Occupational Certificate
Provides students opportunity to develop entry level skills for certification and employment in welding.
Graduates will demonstrate skills necessary to obtain entry level welding certification.
- Demonstrate applications of math concepts as used in the welding construction and fabrication industry for layout, cutting and joining of materials.
- Discuss safe work practices associated with the FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate work related ideas both written and orally.
- Be able to use measuring tools and develop materials list for basic projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of welder certification requirements for industry by completing a guided bend test using weld simulator technology.
- Perform the assigned tasks through the GTAW process at a level of 55% proficiency or better.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic weld symbols and drawings used in the welding industry.
- Demonstrate basic weld joint design.
- Edit program teaching points and weld parameters.
- Explain and demonstrate the methods used to select equipment, consumables and qualify weld procedures, certification of welder and the methods used to test and evaluate results of such test.