Welding Certificate of Proficiency GMAW FCAW Plate
CERT - Occupational Certificate
Graduates will demonstrate (1) basic knowledge in the welding field required of an entry level employee in the industry and (2) critical thinking skills in AWC’s General Education focus areas.
Graduates will demonstrate skills in Gas Metal Arc Welding and Flux Core Arc Welding which will prepare them to obtain an entry level position in the field.
- Demonstrate applications of math concepts as used in the welding construction and fabrication industry for layout, cutting and joining of materials.
- Discuss safe work practices associated with the FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Demonstrate proper set up and use of FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) equipment.
- Demonstrate welding techniques used for the FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Demonstrate proper set up and use of GMAW equipment.
- Performs steel plate welding using the GMAW process in four basic positions.
- Demonstrate base and filler metal selection.
- Demonstrate development and use of shop drawings, materials list and equipment selection.
- Program and perform linear, circle and weave teaching points.