The Drones and Geospatial Technology program has an announcement. Visit the program page to learn more.
Basic Geospatial Technology
CERT - Occupational Certificate
The certificate provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to gain an entry level technical position in GIS.
This certificate is designed to prepare students for employment in the geospatial workforce.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in map creation and design principles, including thematic map display, employment of map projections and cartographic design.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the creation and acquisition of spatial data including the use of the Global Position System.
- Access different sources of data, demonstrate the process of creating data, and discuss the fundamental concepts of data quality.
- Prepare data for use in analysis.
- Organize the data sets resulting from analysis.
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
Visit Academic Planning to get started on your personalized Academic Plan, or schedule an appointment with the Advising Office.
|GST 101||Introduction to Geospatial Technology||2||Major Requirement|
|GST 102||Spatial Analysis||2||Major Requirement|