Automotive Computer Fundamentals Engine Performance and Diagnostics
CERT - Occupational Certificate
Successful completion of the required courses for this certificate signifies to potential or current employers that the student has completed the steps necessary in obtaining an entry level position as a general or specialized technician.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in automotive computer fundamentals, engine performance, and diagnostics that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field.
- Demonstrate the entry level skill sets for testing and certification through ASE (Automotive Service Excellence).
- Demonstrate an understanding of and be able to describe the interaction of automotive computers with various systems of operation on the vehicle with the use of advanced technological simulators and live vehicles.
- Perform entry-level diagnosis and repair of automotive engine performance systems, computer network systems, and electrical systems.
- Demonstrate effective written communication.
- Analyze automotive applications and determine the needed materials and equipment necessary to perform tasks in the area of automotive computer network, engine performance, and electrical systems.
- Maintain and present the required NATEF (National Automotive Technician Education Foundation) competency task list indicating completion of the required labs as it relates to automotive engine performance, computer testing fundamentals, and electrical systems..
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
To get started on your personalized Academic Plan, visit the Academic Planning page or schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor.
First Semester: Fall
|AUT 200||Automotive Electrical Systems||6||Major Requirement|
Second Semester: Spring
|AUT 209||Auto Engine Performance and Diagnosis||5||Major Requirement|
|AUT 215||Automotive Computer Testing||3||Major Requirement|