A.A.S. - Occupational Degree
Provides the student with the essential skills required of an entry-level employee in the plumbing industry. Program curriculum is aligned with National Center for Construction Education Research standardized national skills standards for the construction trades.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in plumbing that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field and critical thinking skills in AWC’s General Education focus areas.
- Explain the obligations of workers, supervisors, and managers to ensure a safe work place (NCCER module 00101-09 – Basic Safety, subject to revision).
- Identify and demonstrate proper safety procedures when working with pressurized systems.
- Size water supply systems based on water supply fixture units and local code requirements.
- Demonstrate proper pressure testing of water lines.
- Install shower and bath units according to manufactures specifications.