CERT - Occupational Certificate
Provides the student with the essential skills required of an entry-level employee in the Plumbing industry. Program curriculum is aligned with National Center for Construction Education Research standardized national skills standards for the construction trades.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in Plumbing that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field and critical thinking skills in AWC’s General Education focus areas.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical functions such as adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying whole number, fractions, and decimals, and explain their applications to the construction trades (NCCER module 00102-09 – Introduction to Construction Math, subject to revision).
- Identify proper techniques and procedures for hand and power tools, power threaders, use of electrical cords, and related plumbing trades equipment.
- Discuss danger of cross connections and function of backflow preventers.
- Design basic residential water supply and distribution system.
- Describe proper components and installation of gas and electric water heaters.
- Describe different types of water closets and bidets and their installation.