CERT - Occupational Certificate
Provides inmates of the Arizona State Prison Complex Yuma with essential skills required of an entry-level employee in the masonry industry.
Program is part of a contract with the Arizona Department of Corrections to offer inmates of the Arizona State Prison Complex Yuma the opportunity to obtain a vocational masonry certificate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the masonry industry.
- Demonstrate proper usage, care, and safety of hand tools and power equipment pertaining to the masonry trade.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal building codes, state building codes, and local building codes.
- Identify and describe materials needed for specific masonry jobs, walls and scaffolding.
- Realize a sense of self-awareness and self-analysis to enhance critical thinking abilities and decision-making.
- Utilizing and applying evaluation information in relation to values.