CERT - Occupational Certificate
This certificate is comprised of six stackable certificates*: Basic Manufacturing, Basic Manufacturing CAD, Advanced Manufacturing CAD, Basic Power Generation, Electrical for Manufacturing, and Manufacturing-Automation for Metals Joining and Severing Processes and one additional course. Students who complete the six stackable certificates and this certificate will also earn an OSHA-10 Construction Safety Card or an OSHA-30 Construction Safety Card and NCCER certification in demonstrated skills.
Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge of marketable skills in many areas of the high-tech manufacturing field.
- Upon completion of the program the student will be able to: understands the roll of the manufacturing technician in quality control, inspection, basic and advanced automation machining set up, and programing to be prepared to enter the workforce as a manufacturing technician.
- Upon completion of the program the student will be able to: understand automated manufacturing processes that involve up-to-date technologies to improve production of products from the design to manufacturing stages.
- Upon completion of the program the student will be able to: understand and demonstrate how to set up, test, and repair manufacturing equipment using a combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or computer skills.
- Upon completion of the program the student will be able to: understand and demonstrate how to work safely in the manufacturing environment and have recognized OSHA credentials earned while in the program
- Upon completion of the program the student will be able to: demonstrate skills in the production of blueprints, drawings and part design for CNC automation using computer aided drafting (CAD).
Recommended Program Map / Program Requirements
The recommended plan below meets the requirements to complete this program. For official requirements, visit the AWC Catalog. If the recommended classes listed below don’t fit your schedule or interests, you can take alternate classes.
First Semester: Fall
|DFT 100||Auto CAD 1 Drafting||3||Major Requirement|
|ECT 105||Basic Electricity||3||Major Requirement|
|MFG 185||Quality Control and Inspection||3||Major Requirement|
|TEC 125||10 Hour OSHA Construction Card||1||Major Requirement|
Second Semester: Spring
|DFT 180||CAD with Solidworks||3||Major Requirement|
|ECT 210||Control Circuits||4||Major Requirement|
|MFG 195||Materials Science and Metallurgy||3||Major Requirement|
|WLD 109||Techniques in Gas Metal Arc Welding||3||Major Requirement|
Third Semester: Fall
|CNC 101||CNC Machine Operation||3||Major Requirement|
|ECT 230||Programmable Logic Controllers||2||Major Requirement|
|MFG 201||Machinery/Indust. Valve & Pump, Maintenanace & Repair||3||Major Techniques in Shielded Metal Arc Welding|
|WLD 201||Automation for Metals Joining and Severing Processes||4||Major Requirement|
Fourth Semester: Spring
|CNC 201||Computer Aided Programming for CNC Machines||3||Major Requirement|
|ECT 240||Power Generation Operations, Maintenance, and Repair||4||Major Requirement|