Broadband Fiber Optics Technician and Apprenticeship
CERT - Occupational Certificate
This certificate prepares the student for a career as an entry-level telecommunications technician specializing in fiber optics. Students will learn to install, terminate, test, and troubleshoot single-mode and multimode fiber optic cabling systems in a variety of building foundations while working in the filed as a Broadband Fiber Optics Technician apprentice.
Allows students to gain knowledge and skills pertaining to broadband fiber optics while simultaneously working as a Broadband Fiber Optics Technician apprentice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practical skills in basic electricity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fiber optics theory and principles, broadband technologies, installation and termination techniques, and splicing and repair procedures.
- Install, operate, and maintain fiber optic cable plants used in broadband telecommunications networks using industry-standard fiber optics equipment.
- Describe the various foundation and framing materials and terminology and demonstrate the ability to perform basic foundation and framing construction.
- Develop practical skills and knowledge regarding troubleshooting different scenarios through apprenticeship experiences.
If you are ready to apply to the apprenticeship program, complete the application.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Rev. 10/2022