CERT - Occupational Certificate
Provides graduates with the essential skills required of an entry level employee in the plumbing industry. This program is certified with the National Association of Home Builders through the Home Builders Institute and encompasses the National Skills Standards for the Construction Trades.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in plumbing that will prepare them to obtain an entry level position within the field.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic blueprint terms, components, and symbols. Explain the different types of blueprint drawings and how to interpret and use drawing dimensions (NCCER 00105-09 – Introduction to Construction Drawings, subject to revision).
- Define safe methods and tools for lifting and moving materials and equipment to prevent personal injury and property damage.
- Size water supply systems based on water supply fixture units and local code requirements.
- Determine correct piping size using drainage fixture units.
- Describe different common types of shower heads and body sprays.