CERT - Occupational Certificate
The program will take the student from basic electrical theory to alternating and direct current circuits , control circuits utilizing relay logic and advancing to the operation, programming and troubleshooting of the programmable logic controllers. Upon completion the student will be ready for entry level position in the automated manufacturing field.
Graduates will demonstrate (1) understanding of electricity both AC and DC, (2) principles and applications of control circuits and (3) the skills and knowledge in the architecture and programming of the programmable logic controllers (PLC) and how to troubleshoot them.
- Explain the basic components of and concepts of a Programmable Logic Controller.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of electrical ladder logic, its history, and its relationship to programmed PLC instruction.
- Demonstrate and understanding of basic digital electronics and data manipulation.
- Demonstrate the use of timers, counters, and other intermediate programming functions.
- Design and program basic PLC circuits for entry-level PLC applications and small, automated industrial production lines.