The Air Conditioning and HVAC program provides the student with the essential skills required to enter this fast-growing field which includes both heating and cooling. The student attains the technical knowledge associated with each type of refrigeration system, their uses, and their controlling devices. This program includes troubleshooting, maintenance, motors, as well as study of related electrical controlling devices and safety related to the use of refrigerants.
Graduates of the air conditioning and HVAC programs and certificates will gain knowledge of and experience in a wide range of electrical skills and gain industry-specific experience with:
- HVAC electrical controls
- the installation and servicing of air supply systems
- the operation of a natural gas furnace
- heat pump system.
- estimating heating/cooling loads.
- light commercial refrigeration systems.
- electricity, control circuits, and programmable logic controllers (PLC) architecture and programming.
- the selection, installation, operation and maintenance of generators, including how to isolate and repair minor generator problems.