Strings for All Ages
Classes are open to all, however, students will need to audition before the start of a class. By the end of the audition, students will know if they are ready to continue.
Field of Interest
Students learn to be proficient in public performances on the Violin, Viola, Cello or Bass.
This course is not eligible for Financial Aid.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the class students will be able to:
- Junior Strings Ambassadors - It is suggested but not limited to ages 8 through 13. Students must have completed “Strings for All Ages” Orchestra Levels I and II and be enrolled into Level III. Students must also be able to play music to “Minuet # 1” from Suzuki Book I, be able to count and read music, clap rhythms, do sight reading, and be willing to perform for the Yuma community.
- Orchestra Level I (A) - Students must be in the 3rd grade, or 8 years of age, through adults. Students are instructed on correct musical terms and parts of their instrument, proper posture, site reading, beginning musical notation and rhythms, ensemble participation, and given the opportunity to perform. An interview will be required if a student does not meet the age requirements.
- Orchestra Level II - Students must be reading music. Students will be instructed on more advanced skills with their instrument, including scales and arpeggios, styles of music and theory, playing in ensemble, and given the opportunity to perform. Students will be accepted by recommendation of the Level I and/or Level II teacher, or by audition.
- Orchestra Level III - Students will be instructed on even more advanced skills with their instrument, including scales and arpeggios, styles of music and theory, playing in ensemble, and given the opportunity to perform.
- 08/31/2021 - 12/09/2021
- Cibola High School 4100 W 20th Street
Seating is limited. TO REGISTER & PAY CALL (928) 317-7674
Registration Hours: Mon - Thurs 8AM - 5PM, Fri 8AM - 4PM payments accepted via phone, mail or walk in. Please make checks payable to AWC. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards accepted.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be granted if a request is made 2 working days prior to the start of class. A 50% refund will be issued if notice is received less than 2 working days prior to class. No refunds will be issued after the first day of class. If a class is canceled due to low registration we will contact you 2 working days prior.