Arizona Western College, Job Training Program is a federally funded grant program through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Our main goal is to train individuals for employment and help them become employed.
- Adults, dislocated workers, and out of school youth.
- Students that qualify for a Pell Grant, low-income students, or students who previously qualified for a Pell Grant, but lost their eligibility.
- Students seeking an occupational certificate in a field offered through AWC that can lead to employment.
- Students who are enrolled in a certificate program through AWC and are nearing their program completion.
All students must go through Arizona@Work, Yuma County to determine eligibility and potentially enroll in Arizona Western College, Job Training Program WIOA.
- Financially assist students with their tuition and books if they do not qualify for a Pell Grant.
- We may also be able to assist with training related expenses.
- Internships or work experiences to further enhance students’ knowledge and skills in their field of interest.
- We want to see you grow and succeed in the job training program. In order for us to support you, we need you to be a motivated learner!
- Students are expected to successfully complete their occupational certificate program.
- Students are expected to obtain employment in their area of study with a minimum wage of $10 per hour.
- Students are expected to maintain contact with our program for a minimum of 1 year after their completion.
Arizona Western College
Job Training Program WIOA
1351 S Redondo Center Dr.
Yuma, AZ 85365
For more information
please contact us at