Arizona Western College, Job Training Program is a federally funded grant program through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Our main goal is to prepare individuals for competitive workforce by providing career, educational, and/or training services.
- Adults, and Out of School Youth.
- Students that qualify for a Pell Grant, low-income students, or students who previously qualified for a Pell Grant, but lost their eligibility.
- Students seeking an occupational certificate in a field offered through AWC that can lead to employment.
- Students who are enrolled in a certificate program through AWC and are nearing their program completion and/or who are enrolled in a certificate program and are nearing their program completion. ( Some restrictions may apply).
All students must go through Arizona@Work, Yuma County to determine eligibility and enroll at Arizona Western College, Job Training Program (WIOA).
- Financial assistance with the cost of training/tuition and textbooks when a Pell Grant is not available.
- Assistance with training related expenses .
- Internships/work experiences to further enhance knowledge and skills within your field of interest.
- We want to see you grow and succeed in the Job Training Program. In order for us to support you, we need you to be a motivated learner!
- Students are expected to successfully complete their occupational certificate program.
- Students are expected to obtain employment in their area of study with a minimum wage of $12.50 per hour.
- Students are expected to maintain contact with our program for a minimum of 1 year after their completion.
Arizona Western College
Job Training Program WIOA
1351 S Redondo Center Dr.
Yuma, AZ 85365
For more information
please contact us at
3826 W. 16th Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928) 783-1825 Fax
MLK Youth Career Center
300 S. 13th Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364