Arizona Western College, Job Training Program is a federally funded grant program through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Our main goal is to prepare individuals for a competitive workforce by providing career, educational, and/or training services.
- Adults and Out of School Youth.
- Students that qualify for a Pell Grant, low-income students, or students who previously qualified for a Pell Grant, but lost their eligibility.
- Students seeking an occupational certificate in a field offered through AWC that can lead to employment and/or who are enrolled in a certificate program through AWC and are nearing their program completion ( some restrictions do apply).
All students must go through Arizona@Work, Yuma County to determine eligibility and enroll at Arizona Western College, Job Training Program (WIOA).
- Financial assistance with the cost of training/tuition and textbooks when a Pell Grant is not available.
- Assistance with training related expenses .
- Internships/work experiences to further enhance knowledge and skills within your field of interest.
- We want to see you grow and succeed in the Job Training Program. but, in order for us to support you, we need you to be a motivated learner!
- Students are expected to successfully complete their occupational certificate program.
- Students are expected to obtain employment in their area of study with a minimum wage of $12.50 per hour.
- Students are expected to maintain contact with our program for a minimum of 1 year after their completion.
Arizona Western College
Job Training Program WIOA
1351 S. Redondo Center Dr.
Yuma, AZ 85365
For more information
please contact us at
3826 W. 16th Street
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928) 783-1825 Fax
MLK Youth Career Center
300 S. 13th Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364