PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
8:00am - 5:00pm
AWC YUMA CAMPUS
Seating is limited. TO REGISTER & PAY CALL (928) 317-7674
*self-assessment must be completed/passed with 70% and certificate must be emailed/submmited prior to class
Field of Interest
The PALS Course has been designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This course uses pre-course preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest. It also includes the PALS Reference Card.
Certificate of Completion
This course is not eligible for Financial Aid
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the class students will be able to:
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course will receive a PALS Provider course completion card and valid for two years.
Who should take the course?
Healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and paramedics.
Registration Hours: Mon - Thurs 8AM - 5PM, Fri 8AM - 4PM payments accepted via phone, mail or walk in. Please make checks payable to AWC. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards accepted.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be granted if a request is made 2 business days prior to the start of class. A 50% refund will be issued if notice is received less than 2 business days prior to class. No refunds will be issued after the first day of class.