CPR - Basic Life Support (BLS)
The American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Course provides the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. BLS from AHA offers the advantages of: Content representing the latest resuscitation science for improved patient outcome; Realistic scenarios, simulations, and animations depicting rescuers, teams, and patients; Course and content flexibility for AHA Instructors and students, including adaptability to local protocols.
Who should take the course?
Healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
See Schedule Below
AWC Downtown Center
$50 (Skills Check-Off Only)
Seating is limited. TO REGISTER & PAY CALL (928) 317-7674
Field of Interest
Allied Health; Healthcare Professionals
AHA Certification Card
What You'll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to complete basic tasks such as:
- The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS can be delivered in 2 formats to meet the needs of students and offer flexibility for instructors. All formats include the same learning objectives and result in the same course completion card.
- Instructor-Led Training – Instructors deliver both the cognitive portion of training and the psychomotor component of thorough skills practice and testing in a classroom setting
- Blended Learning – Includes a combination of online learning in which a student completes part of the course in a self-study manner, and an in-person, hands on, Skills Checkoff at our location.
Registration Hours: Mon - Thurs 8AM - 5PM, Fri 8AM - 4PM payments accepted via phone, mail or walk in. Please make checks payable to AWC. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards accepted.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be granted if a request is made 2 business days prior to the start of class. A 50% refund will be issued if notice is received less than 2 business days prior to class. No refunds will be issued after the first day of class.