ACLS – Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Refresher
The ACLS Instructor-led course teaches the importance of preventing cardiac arrest, high-performance teams, early and continuous high-quality CPR, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest care, acute dysrhythmias, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
AWC Downtown Center
Seating is limited. TO REGISTER & PAY CALL (928) 317-7674
*current BLS is required
*self-assessment must be completed/passed with 70% and certificate must be emailed/submitted prior to class
Field of Interest
For healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response. Any person in the process of expiring their ACLS Certification
Certificate of Completion
This course is not eligible for Financial Aid
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the class students will be able to:
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team (RRT) or medical emergency team (MET) may improve patient outcomes
- Discuss early recognition and management of Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), including appropriate disposition
- Discuss early recognition and management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Perform early management of bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Recognize cardiac arrest
- Perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
Proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, understanding ACLS pharmacology; and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest, or postarrest patients
Who should take the course?
ACLS who need to renew their national registry.
Registration Hours: Mon - Thurs 8AM - 5PM, Fri 8AM - 4PM payments accepted via phone, mail or walk in. Please make checks payable to AWC. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards accepted.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: A 100% refund will be granted if a request is made 2 business days prior to the start of class. A 50% refund will be issued if notice is received less than 2 business days prior to class. No refunds will be issued after the first day of class.