The Office of Assessment, Program Review, Curriculum and Articulation serves to help campus-wide assessment efforts.
The office assists units with the assessment of academic and institutional program reviews, goals, and outcomes, and serves as the Unit Administrator and provides training for AWC's Tk20 system.
The Office of Assessment and Program Review supports the College Vision by providing college-wide leadership in assessment, program review, and the collection of the educational data. These informational services enhance the college's culture of evidence and assists administrators and faculty in data-driven decision making at all levels of the college. We are dedicated to accessibility, communication and innovation.
- Arizona Western College graduates will demonstrate competency in critical inquiry, communication, civic discourse, quantitative analysis, scientific literacy, and digital literacy.
- Arizona Western College graduates will demonstrate expertise in their selected fields of learning.
- Arizona Western College graduates will be able to interact, communicate, and work effectively with partners, teams, and networks.
- Arizona Western College graduates will be able to participate actively in the political, ethical, and aesthetic aspects of community life.
Statement of Purposes
- creates an environment for growth through impassioned teaching and learning that encourages higher orders of thinking and performance, advocates the free exchange of ideas and is responsive to changes in technology, delivery structures and markets;
- awards associate degrees and certificates to students who successfully complete programs of study and prepares students for work, for meeting personal goals or for transition into other studies;
- enhances the cultural climate through visual and performing arts and offers physical and recreational development to the community;
- assists students to achieve success by providing support services, including academic advising, career counseling, financial direction, learning support and activities for student enrichment;
- establishes opportunities for lifelong learning through partnerships with public/private schools and colleges, universities, governmental agencies, and economic development organizations; and
- provides access to learning for students, staff, and community through environmentally safe and sound facilities and equipment.
There is so much happening in assessment. If you feel overwhelmed, do not worry because the Assessment and Program Review is here to help!
Entering outcomes and measures is not all you can do in Tk20. Check out all it has to offer:
- Juried Assessments
- Faculty Qualifications
- Curriculum Mapping
- Course Evaluations
|Assessment/Tk20 Glossary of Terms||Download|
Log in and check it out!
|Faculty Assessment Workshop 1||Download|
|Faculty Assessment Workshop 2||Download|
|Administrative Departments Assessment (Part 1)||Download|
|Administrative Departments Assessment (Part 2)||Download|
|AWC Academic Program Assessment Plan Rubric||Download|
|AWC Academic Course Level Assessment Plan Rubric||Download|
|AWC Institutional Department Assessment Plan Rubric||Download|
|2017 February Assessment Happenings Newsletter||Download|