Family Childcare Education
CERT - Occupational Certificate
This program is designed for those individuals who wish to earn a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential in Family Childcare Education. The CDA training program follows the prescribed criteria set forth by the Council of Professional Recognition based in Washington, D.C. The CDA competencies for this program are as follows: (1) to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, (2) to advance physical and intellectual competence, (3) to support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance, (4) to establish positive and productive relationships with families, (5) to ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs, and (6) to maintain a commitment to professionalism.
Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in family childcare education that will prepare them to obtain an entry-level position within the field.
- Develop health and safety practices to promote healthy lifestyles within classroom setting.
- Apply understanding of child development to develop age appropriate curriculum.
- Build trust and consistency to foster healthy relationships with children.
- Create collaborative partnerships with family, school and community.
- Construct and maintain a prepared learning environment to influence and foster development.
- Model ethical decision making within the classroom.