Early Childhood Education
CERT - Occupational Certificate
For students who wish to have basic knowledge in early childhood education. The certificate can work with an existing degree in another area of education or related fields.
Graduates will demonstrate a basic knowledge in early childhood education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding young children’s characteristics and needs, from birth through age 8.
- Supporting and engaging families and communities through respectful, reciprocal relationships.
- Demonstrate an understanding the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment – including the use in development of appropriate goals, curriculum, and teaching strategies for young children.
- Utilize a broad repertoire of developmentally appropriate teaching/learning approaches.
- Utilize own knowledge, appropriate early learning standards, and other resources to design, implement, and evaluate developmentally meaningful and challenging curriculum for each child.
- Demonstrate knowledge about and upholding ethical standards and other early childhood professional guidelines.